11.17.2009

A New Project in the Works

I adore Shoji lanterns! These table lamps are usually made out of paper and wood and are modeled after the doors in traditional Japanese architecture. Usually they are in the shape of a tall cube, but there are some beautiful variations I've found on Etsy. (image on the right is from handmadethai on Esty)

So why am I talking about paper lanterns?(image below is from earthsteps on Etsy)


I have an idea for some really cool video game themed modern table lamps made in the style of shoji lanterns. I'd like to branch out into making some useful items for the home or office. I have the plans all drawn out, and I ordered more beads. I am so excited to get working on this, but I have to wait for them to ship me my beads first!

In my next post I will be talking about how to make a bead sprite. It's no secret, and anyone can do it! This tutorial will have photos too, so you won't get lost. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...